You've spent some time and money to get your tattoo, how well it heals
has a lot to do with how YOU care for it. Below are some suggestions on
proper care during the healing process.
What to Do.
- Leave bandage on for one hour, then remove. Do not re-bandage.
- Wash tattoo with cool water and liquid, antibacterial soap.
- Gently blot-dry with a soft towel or paper toweling.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 once daily until tattoo is fully healed.
- On the fourth day, apply a small amount of hand lotion to the tattoo,
just enough to hydrate the skin (you're not lubing an engine!).
- Continue applying lotion for 1-2 weeks or until the tattoo is fully
- Take a multivitamin, to speed the healing process (optional).
What Not to Do.
- Don't pick or scratch your tattoo.
- Don't soak your tattoo for 2-3 weeks (no baths, swimming, or soaking
of any kind).
- When showering, don't allow the direct shower stream on your tattoo.
- Don't get your tattoo sun burnt.
- Don't put anything on your tattoo other than unscented, UN-dyed, regular
formula, hand lotion (in case you didn't get the aftercare lotion we
recommend and have available for purchase).